Bacon is super trendy. I’m not sure it will ever be “out of style,” because let’s face it, bacon is delicious. While I may not be sporting bacon band aids or t-shirts, I will gladly add it to my meals and crumble it over salads. My husband loves BLT sandwiches (and I do, too!) but with all the heavy bread and hot bacon, it can be a chore to eat in the hot Georgia summer. There’s a cooler way to eat your bacon!
My BLT Pasta salad is chilled, fresh and has plenty of crunch to satisfy a hearty bacon lover! I’ve made this for many family get together and there are hardly any leftovers (which I promptly eat when I get home…). I even snack on it when I’m making it; it’s that good! You can easily make elements of this ahead of time and toss it together when you’re ready to serve. It’s a snap to make, quick to serve and easy to eat! Happy summering!
BLT Pasta Salad (serves 7-8)
- 14 oz. bag of pasta (macaroni, rotini, etc)
- 5 large tomatoes, medium chopped and partially drained
- 1 small green pepper, finely diced (this is an accent, not a must-have element)
- 1 lb. bacon crumbled (I’ve used pre-cooked and it works great!)
- ¾ cup light mayo
- 1 t. salt, 1 t. black pepper
- Cook pasta in gently boiling water for approximately 6 minutes or as directed, until tender but firm. Drain well and rinse with cool water.
- Chop veggies and cook bacon as directed.
- Combine pasta and all other ingredients in a very large serving bowl.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated.