AD Thank you to SUNNYD for sponsoring this fun SUNNYD Pancakes meal for our family!
We got busy in the kitchen to make orange-infused SUNNYD Pancakes for our favorite meal, Breakfast for Dinner! Scarlett and Red light up whenever I say pancakes are the entree, so it made sense to involve a little liquid sunshine in our dinner plans. We even made a silly video (Tasty style!) for you to get in on all the made-from-scratch fun. Check it out!
I promise this homemade recipe isn’t’ hard. Coming from the gal that breaks out the pancake mix box, I was a little worried these flapjacks wouldn’t hold up under my experimental kitchen style. But they came out so well!
Please, don’t judge my flipping style. My pancakes are NEVER round, and they are always messy – it’s just how it is. Remember, it’s not how it looks, it’s how it tastes!
I just wish this video offered smell-o-vision, because the orange zest peppered into the pancake batter awakens all your senses.
SUNNYD Pancakes Recipe
Now for the good stuff. Have the kiddos roll up their sleeves and help you cook. Mixing and measuring in the kitchen are life skills, so put your brood to work. The recipe mixes up in only a few minutes, leaving an adult to heat the griddle and cook the pancakes.
Be sure to serve warm with syrup of your choice and orange slices on the side! Breakfast… it’s what’s for dinner.
Orange Infused SUNNYD Pancakes
- 3/4 cup SUNNYD
- 2 TBSP finely grated orange zest
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 TBSP butter
- 1 spray PAM for griddle
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Beat with a mixer until smooth
- Coat a skillet or griddle lightly with oil or spray and place over medium heat
- Using about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, pour onto the hot skillet
- When bubbles appear over the top of the pancake and edges are beginning to look a little dry, turn and brown the other side slightly
- Adjust heat as necessary to brown evenly
- Serve warm with syrup and orange slices
Did you try to switch up your flapjack to have orange zest or SUNNYD? Leave me a comment about your unique take on these orange-infused pancakes!