Cowboy Caviar Tailgating Recipe
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5 ounce can black-eyed peas drained well
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes drained well
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels thawed
- 1/2 medium vidalia onion chopped
- 1/4 green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 3/4 cup well chopped cilantro
- 1 bag blue corn tortilla chips for dipping
- Mix beans, peas, tomatoes, corn, onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno peppers in a large bowl.
- Season with garlic salt.
- Add dressing and cilantro; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until ready to serve. This step is important, as it allows the black beans to absorb the other flavors and keep this dish kickin'!
- **Packed in tupperware, this dish is safe to stay at room temperature all day, and keeps very well at tailgates!**
**Packed in tupperware, this dish is safe to stay at room temperature all day, and keeps very well at tailgates!**