My Baked Ziti is a favorite dish of my husband’s. For years, I had no idea he loved it until the recipe fell out of rotation for 6+ months. When we started meal planning, he voiced how much he missed it and craved the melted cheese and Italian flavors. I was really touched! The recipe is very easy, and with minimal prep, even I, the rookie chef can please a table full of guests. The Bake Ziti also freezes well for those that need a freezer meal, or if you’re dealing with extra leftovers.
I used to make a giant pan of Baked Ziti during tech week when I was swamped with work, so it would feed our small family for two days or more (it reheats divinely!). Made with ground turkey, three kinds of cheese and our favorite marinara sauce, it’s delicious and even better the next day!
Gather all your ingredients ahead of time, and by the time the noodles are done cooking, the oven is ready and your mixing bowl is folding everything together. Don’t forget to non-stick-spray that baking dish!
Don’t worry about folding in all that raw ground turkey. I promise it cooks completely in the oven, leaving the entire dish seasoned and marinated together. You can substitute beef or sausage if the mood strikes!
Part of what makes the dish so delectable is the melted cheese on top. Go on… add some extra… you know you want to.
When you remove the dish from the oven, the pasta dish will be extremely hot, but the cheese will be oh-so-melted, too. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving to little ones.
Eaze Baked Ziti
- 1 lb Ground turkey breast
- 1 pinch Garlic flakes, Roasted
- 2 tsp Hot sauce
- 1 jar Newman's own basil marinara
- 9 oz Ziti or penne noodles
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- 8 oz Mozzarella cheese
- 1 8oz bag Italian Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the Oven to 350 degrees
- Cook the noodles as directed, drain and set aside.
- Combine UNCOOKED meat, spices, italian cheese and marinara in a large bowl.
- Fold in the noodles
- Pour into a greased 9x13" pan
- Top with Mozarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake 25 minutes or until turkey is well cooked