for your family or hospitals in need? While these handmade face masks are not N95s or surgical grade, they can help extend the life of a surgical mask used by nurses every day. The typical protocol is to change your mask every time you see a new patient. In this healthcare crisis, nurses are only given ONE MASK A DAY. These can help extend the life of for hospital staff. You can make one in about 15 minutes or less – I can make about 10 in 3 hours, start to finish. I have not only a pattern for adults below but also kids, teens, and larger adults. Grab some 100% and some and get to your !!
Free Face Mask Pattern
You can print the individual items for Face Mask Pattern for Kids, Face Mask Pattern large adult, and Face Mask Pattern Teen Small Adult, here. Print them on 8.5×11 paper, right at home. Then, follow the YouTube tutorial posted below or visit: https://youtu.be/E780axS8sNA. You’ll get step by step instructions and be able
- out 4 pieces of (2 for the outer shell, 2 for the inner lining). They can be different, or all the same, it’s up to you. The video below will elaborate on the instructions for the .
- After cutting, serge all edges of your .
- . Clip the curve, and press the to one side. the center front , from to chin with a 3/8″
- Create the lining’s sides by folding 5/8″ twice. Iron flat.
- Create the outer shell’s sides by folding the in, and then 5/8″ once. Iron flat.
- these edges using the toe of the presser foot. See my video for more information.
- With right sides together, the top and bottom seams with 3/8″ .
- Clip the top and bottom seams.
- Now is when you’ll want to add your wire made of , , or .
- Flip and press all finished seams. You’ll see the separation of the lining and the shell make the .
- Using pieces (see patterns for recommendations, though you may want to fit it to your head), the elastic pieces to the sides of the face mask. Slip 1/3″ under the flap. See my video again, for clarification.
- If you do not have or heavy grosgrain ribbon. or prefer ties, you can easily with
Sewing Tutorial VIDEO
THANK YOU to all our healthcare workers for what you are doing. We couldn’t make it through this crisis without you! #STAYATHOME and help us #FLATTENTHECURVE…