This #shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
At my house, we are University of Georgia fans. We are Dawg fans. From owning a bulldog named for a past Coach to having an entire man-cave decked out in University collectables, Hubs and I bleed red and black. We’ve been going to games together since I was in grad school, and I even chose the opening game of the 2010 season to tell Hubs (on campus at a tailgate party) that we were finally pregnant! Since we are both graduates of UGA, we have perfected the art of the tailgate, mixing up great recipes like cowboy caviar and offering themed spreads of decor and game day fun.
This year, I’m getting my tailgate party just right with #TeamJello Jigglers University Mold Kits. I used to eat Jello Jigglers all the time as a kid, and now that jigglers come in UGA characters and logos, I’m stoked! The mold kit comes with two identical trays and four boxes of team colored jello (varies with your team).
To make your UGA Game Day Jigglers follow these simple instructions:
1. Generously spray your mold trays with cooking spray. If you skip this step, the jello will not release and it will ruin the shape of the jigglers! *I may or may not be speaking from experience…*
2. Combine 1 1/3 cups boiling hot water with two packets of the strawberry jello (No need for cold water). Stir for 3 minutes or until well dissolved. Using a measuring cup with a nice spout, fill one mold tray. With the second mold tray, fill 2/3 of the way for each jiggler.
3. Place the trays carefully in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until completely set.
4. While the #TeamJello trays set, grab a generous handful of chocolate sandwich cookies and remove the cremes by scraping. Place all the cookies in a large baggie and crush well.
5. When your molds are finished setting, remove them from the fridge. Mix up one more box of Jello with 2/3 cup of hot water. Stir well to combine.
6. Combine 1/3 cup of the crushed cookies into the hot jello mixture. Stir well to saturate the cookie crumbs.
7. Using your measuring cup, pour the cookie-jello mix into the 2/3 molds until they are level with the tray. This added layer of chocolate jello gives you some black-layered jigglers to go with your red ones!
8. Chill the mold trays again until well set.
9. Gently run a butter knife along the top edge of the jiggler to separate it from the mold. It should easily peel out and can be set on a tray with your teams’ colors!
10. Serve to your hungry football fans!
The cookie layered jigglers taste like chocolate covered strawberries, which are delicious in my book. Add a dollop of whipped cream, and you have a family-friendly tailgate dessert that can’t be beat!
If you’re looking for your favorite team, make sure to take a peek at Walmart.com. They have TONS of teams listed in the #TeamJello collection that might not be in your local store. I was lucky and grabbed a few right off the shelves of my Walmart. Grab a 75 cent off coupon from Kraft for your tailgating party and wow your guests with your new sports food!
Did you find your favorite team online at Walmart.com? How would you use your #TeamJello mold trays to share your team spirit at your tailgate party?