Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! I adore Christmas stories like The Night Before Christmas, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas and The Nutcracker! So many holiday movies and specials air this time of year, celebrating our love for all things peaceful and bright. Spend your holiday nights decorating these pre-prepared Nutcracker Rice Krispie Treats for light work with full impact. Their beauty will leave you dancing on your toes to the Nutcracker Suite!
The easy-to-find ingredients include a Rice Krispie Treat Box of 16, unwrapped, as well as a sweet little pack of candy mustaches. You can stop by your local craft store, or hop online and have these candy mustaches delivered to you by Amazon Prime! Prep your icing and ready a firm hand to pipe and decorate. This is a great exercise for cake decorating when you don’t have a lot of experience. Practice makes perfect!
Nutcracker Rice Krispie Treat Recipe
Nutcracker Rice Krispie Treats
- 1 Box of Rice Krispie Treats unwrapped and set aside
- 1 tube of black cookie icing
- 1 tube of red cookie icing
- 1 tube of white cookie icing
- 1 tube of yellow cookie icing
- 1 container of gold pearl dust Found here: https://amzn.to/2QBij10
- 1 Package of Mustache sprinkles Found here: https://amzn.to/2KZrL8Z
- 4 disposable piping bags fitted with a number 2 tip
- 1 disposable piping bag fitted with a small star tip
- 1 small fine tip paint brush
- Squeeze the Black, Red, and Yellow cookie icing into piping bags fitted with a number 2 tip.
- Squeeze the white icing into another number 2 tip piping bag as well as the small star tip piping bag.
- Using the black piping bag pipe a line along the top of the treat to create the hat for the Nutcracker.
- Using the red piping bag, pipe the line shown in the in-process picture and fill in with the red icing.
- Using the white icing, fill in the little square shown in the in-process images.
- Pipe a small dot onto the back of the mustache and place into the lower center of the rice krispie treat.
- Pipe 2 dots above the mustache for the eyes.
- Using the yellow icing, pipe an upside down triangle on the hat.
- Pipe two yellow dots on both sides of the triangle. Then, Allow drying for 2 hours.
- Using the paint brush, dip it into the pearl dust and brush it onto the yellow detail for an extra shimmer.