Seven is heaven! Your baby can sit up, laugh, smile, and may already be holding their own cups. Many are either only rolling, or starting to push up. No crawling means your baby is right where you left them two seconds ago! What age were your kids when they crawled? Or have they started pushing up?
1. Playskool Ball Popper – This is the most fabulous toy for ANY age child. I say this with experience. From the time that Red could sit up, a family friend gave us this ball popper for Christmas. Little did we know what an awesome give it would be. For, here we are two years later and it’s still the most coveted toy in the house during parties, and even when Red is entertaining himself. The balls are recycled up the air chute to several different songs. There is an off switch on the back, if your nerves are shot! Have a baby shower? A 1 year old’s birthday party? #1 gift, hands down. Get it.
2. Cozy Coupe – Unlike the cozy coupes that we had as children, this little number has a removeable floor board. Insert it when baby can sit up for rides down the sidewalk, as you guide the car via the handle on the top/back of the hood. When your baby is suddenly a toddler (and you’re reeling from this change), remove the floorboard and unlock the door for time honored traditional cozy coupe play. The car withstands the elements outside, too!
3. Floppy Seat Shopping Cart Cover – A machine washable wonder, this cart cover is super squishy and super stretchy to fit over both grocery carts and the wider wholesale clubs. I noticed a slight fade the very first time I washed it, but then never again. The plush is still very soft, and all stains are easily removed. Pockets and ring loops hold an array of toys, and if you can remember to do so, the cover stuffs easily back into its carrying case with a shoulder strap. Hands down the best cart cover for the money.
4. Carter’s Rompers – Hubs and I agreed that until Red was walking, or crawling super fast, that we couldn’t STAND two piece outfits. They ride up, bunch, and wrinkle. Rompers were out solution. The Carters’s brand usually comes in sets of two, and wash and wear better than the most expensive options out there. Crotch snaps make diaper changes a breeze and they seems to repel all stains… all of them.
5. The Emperor’s New Groove – One of the first movies Red watched with us, Emperor’s New Groove proved to be magical for us. The opening scene is full of flash, color and music, which was one of the most entertaining things for little Red. Try just a scene or two – watch the dancing erupt!
6. Old Navy Triple Roll Socks – Like the Rompers, these things are quality. You can splurge on the non-roll socks, but know that you might lose them. Triple Rolls hug the foot, and are each labeled on the bottom so you can match and keep sizes together. Another fun fact? These socks act as thinner knee socks when extended and pulled all the way up!
7. Frog Pod Bath Toy Scoop – The Frog Pod is something that you might register for, not use for 6 months, but then get A WHOLE LOT of use out of. The area behind the head acts as a shampoo shelf, all frog fingers get laden with loofahs and washcloths, and the belly is a fabulous toy scoop that rinses and drains cleanly. Especially for overworked bathtubs, this keeps all of baby’s items and toys away from other’s items and prevents you from getting too many toys in the tub!