Dump in your soup can and add the half and half slowly, stirring and reducing to a lovely thick gravy that will smell so good you’ll be willing to burn off your taste buds just to eat it RIGHT. NOW…
We made this for breakfast earlier this week, and I had the breakfast leftovers for dinner last night. Hubs sat down to breakfast this morning, thinking he would polish off the rest of the gravy to start his day. Ummmmmm… I ate it all. Sorry about that! Follow the recipe to make your own yummy batch… Leftover gravy saves perfectly in the fridge, just be sure to warm it well (microwave or stovetop) and stir before serving again. It thins out again when heated, so be sure to do that!
The Best Biscuits and Gravy
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 12 oz half and half
- In a medium-high deep skillet, brown the meat until very brown.
- Drain the meat in a colander, return meat to the skillet.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add the can of soup and stir.
- Add 8 oz of half and half slowly, stirring while pouring.
- Add additional half and half as stirring, up to 12oz.
- Simmer for 15 minutes until reduced.
- Serve over halved biscuits, cooling it slightly before serving.