It’s Fall, ya’ll! And before you shoot off complaining that everything’s made of pumpkin nowadays (and really… isn’t it?!) like lattes, pancakes, turnovers and the old-fashioned pie, I want you to try something for me. Make this bread. I’m begging you. Hit the store, use what you have in your pantry and make it. Because your mouth will thank you. With the mass of mini chocolate chips and the lemon glaze, even pumpkin haters like this bread, because it’s SO moist, flavorful and belly warming.
Red, who is the pickiest eater on the planet, even asked for his own slice after I forced asked him to try a bite. When Hubs found out he couldn’t eat the SECOND loaf I made because I wanted to photograph it, be went to bed super bummed. So please: try making this awesomeness for yourself, because I’m pretty sure scratch-and-sniff internet hasn’t been invented yet.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Servings: 2 loaves
- loaf pan
- 15 or 16 oz can Pumpkin puree
- 4 Eggs
- 3.5 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup Mini Chocolate chips
- 3 tsp Cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- 3 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Coconut oil
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix ingredients together with hand mixer on low
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Grease two loaf pans
- Separate batter into loaf pans
- Bake for 1 hour or until baked all the way through. For Gluten Free flour loaves, bake at least 1 hour and 20 minutes or until don.
- Remove loaves from oven and allow to cool
- Mix glaze ingredients together with whisk, pour over loaves as desired.