Affiliate Links may be used.
As I actively try to rope my son into reading Harry Potter (or watching more than 20 minutes of the movies with me), I’m firing on all targets. After casting spells all over The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal (which made a good dent!), I’m trying his stomach. While y’all know that Red is no stranger to picky eating, so I took a basic approach to a seasonal food that appears in the Harry Potter novels; Pumpkin Pasties! This Pumpkin Pasties Recipe is easy to make, filling to eat and can even be a part of your balanced breakfast. Whip some up for guests, your kids or even neighbors for a fall gift! ACCIO Pumpkin Pasties! (And you’re GOT to see this Harry Potter AirBNB in Atlanta. Pack your bags and head to Hogwarts!)
Pumpkin Pasties Process
The best tip I can give you for making these Harry Potter Pumpkin Pasties is to not overfill them. It’s super temping to add MOAR FILLING, but on your first try, go slimmer. Oozing pasties are not fun to eat!
Also, it’s worth mentioning that you should press HARD with your fork to seal them. If you can fold your pasty in half, and then roll back the seam slightly before pressing, that should help.
Basting the pasties with a bit of butter and dusting with cinnamon goes a long way in presentation with little effort. If you have a silhouette pattern or cookie cutter of a Wizarding World Hogwarts House, I’d add it. Think of going Ravenclaw for me!
Remove the Pumpkin Pasties from the oven when they are golden brown and allow to rest before they are served. Seal tightly in some rubbermaid food storage bins and enjoy!
Pumpkin Pasties Recipe
- 15 oz can of pumpkin 100% pure, not pie filling
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 can biscuits southern or homemade style (not flaky)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir all ingredients except biscuits together. Mix well with mixer or immersion blender.
- Remove 1 biscuit from the can, cut in half.
- Roll each half into a ball, flatten and roll out to form a small, thin circle. Try to work quickly as the dough will harden with more work.
- Put a Tablespoon of filling on one circle. Don't overfill or your pasties will ooze!
- Fold the circle in half over the filling, and seal with a fork. Press hard.
- Line a baking tray or jellyroll pan with parchment paper, line up the Pasties. Feel free to baste lightly with butter or sprinkle with cinnamon for visual appeal.
- Bake at 375 for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Pumpkin Juice (with no pumpkin!)
If you’re really feeling fall, but don’t want to DRINK actual pumpkin, try this juice. A three ingredient combo tricks your palate into thinking you’ve gotten some fall in a cup! Grab my Harry Potter Inspired Pumpkin Juice Recipe here to pair with your Pumpkin Pasties for a fall feast!