Celebrating Tokyo’s big games next season, iconic gamers team up for 3D and 2Bit events in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 on Nintendo Switch. Red helped me review this hot new collaboration game with incredible modes like 3D, side-scrolling 2 Bit events and another story mode for endless play. Enter at the bottom to win one of three digital download codes so you can play with your family to get ready for the big summer games in 2020! Red has done some awesome reviews for me like Niko and the Sword of Light and an Arty unboxing. He’s agreed to help me review the game:
Red’s Video Game Review
The Olympics were hosted in Tokyo back in 1964, which is what gives the retro Mario version this nickname. The 2020 events are in modern 3D graphics with the current gaming feel of today. Pair them both together in Red’s favorite story mode as you save the characters through participating in events. Or, if you are short on time, try your hand at individual events in single mode, pair play or online with friends. The options are endless, giving this game a LONG play life.
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 Facts
- Brand New Story: Help Mario and Sonic escape from a 2D-themed console, the “Tokyo ’64,” hatched as part of Dr. Eggman’s and Bowser’s nefarious plans to trap the colorful and capable power pair.
- A Bountiful Medley of Events: Skateboard, surf, and race your way to the top of the podium! With more than 30 events to master in this fun-filled Olympic Games showdown, there are plenty of ways to prove your skills to your friends in local and online multiplayer.
- Push the Boundaries: Dream Events deliver a layer of fantastical chaos. Zip through a downhill obstacle course on your hoverboard, throwdown for territorial control with lightning-fast karate action, or smash the most targets inside a traditional Japanese manor!
- So Many Ways to Play*: Exclusively on Nintendo Switch, determine who the real champion is while using the fun and flexibility of Joy-Con controllers to your advantage.
- Play with a Cast of Fan-Favorite Characters: The gang’s all here! Play as Mario, Sonic, and a star-studded cast of your favorite SEGA and Nintendo characters!
Enjoy all the different classic RETRO side-scrolling 2D events:
- 10m Platform (Diving)
- 400m Hurdles
- Gymnastics – Vault
- Kayak Single (K-1) 1000m
- Long Jump
- Shooting – Trap
You will also dash, climb, jump, surf and more in these fast-paced 3D events:
- 110m Hurdles
- 4 x 100m Relay
- Canoe Double (C-2) 1000m
- Discus Throw
- Equestrian – Jumping
- Football (Soccer)
- Gymnastics – Floor Exercise
- Javelin Throw
- Karate – Kumite
- Rugby Sevens
- Skateboarding – Park
- Sport Climbing
- Surfing – Shortboard
- Swimming – 100m Freestyle
- Table Tennis
- Triple Jump
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 will take to the starting blocks exclusively for the Nintendo Switch on November 5 in the Americas for $59.99 USD and November 8 in Europe with commensurate pricing. For more information, including where you can pre-order the game, be sure to visit the official website, and watch the latest trailer.
Want to know more about this game? Sega, along with the official Tokyo 2020 games, have laid out a great party sheet detailing what you can expect. This game has more events than you can play in one day, from 3D modern competitions to those old school 2 Bit graphics and side-scrolling goodness I grew up with. You can play against a teammate, online, in single-player events or even story mode to help Mario and Sonic escape a game console! Red played for days to review the game with me and really enjoyed it!
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 for Nintendo Switch Giveaway
Fresh from the Nintendo Switch, I have three digital download game codes for you to win! Enter using the Rafflecopter below, and hopefully, you will pull gold from this event! Prep your Switch system and go enter now!